This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST 9958 POTTERNE HIGH STREET (east side)
14/158 Wellhead in garden of No 6 (Porch House)
Wellhead, dated 1514, Istrian stone. Fleur-de-lys on north and south sides, 1514 on east side and carved arms to west with inscription 'Magdale Rapa'. Octagonal rim with blind arcading.
Probably brought from Venice in early C20.
Listing NGR: ST9950158450
© Gill Cardy. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cardy, Gill
Rights Holder: Cardy, Gill
Stone, Medieval Well Head, Tudor Water Supply And Drainage, Water Storage Site