Monument To Woodd Family Approximately 6 Metres North East Of Church Of St Mary

Date:
28 Aug 2000
Location:
Monument To Woodd Family Approximately 6 Metres North East Of Church Of St Mary, Paddington Green W2, Paddington, City Of Westminster, Greater London, W2 1LG
Reference:
IOE01/02576/04
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

TQ 2681NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER PADDINGTON GREEN, W2 41/2 (west side) Monument to Woodd family approximately 6 metres north-east of Church of St Mary.

GV II Monument. Early C19. Ashlar. Sarcophagus with legs on pedestal. North side shows coat of arms with motto 'NON NOBIS' decorated with a garland, south side has roundel with male bust, presumably representing the Reverend Basil Woodd.

Rather worn. Inscriptions to base legible in part: to west side commemorating Hannah Sophie Woodd, to east side Basil Owen Woodd, son of the Reverend Basil Woodd (d 1811).

Listing NGR: TQ2671081759

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0554 IOE Records taken by Marion Davies; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mrs Marion Davies. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Davies, Marion

Rights Holder: Davies, Marion

Keywords

Ashlar, Georgian Commemorative Monument, Victorian Commemorative, Coat Of Arms

Back
to top