Monument To Thrupp Family Approximately 12 Metres South West Of Church Of St Mary

Date:
28 Aug 2000
Location:
Monument To Thrupp Family Approximately 12 Metres South West Of Church Of St Mary, Paddington Green W2, Paddington, City Of Westminster, Greater London, W2 1LG
Reference:
IOE01/02576/05
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

TQ 2681 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER PADDINGTON GREEN, W2 41/3 (west side) Monument to Thrupp family approximately 12 metres south-west of Church of St Mary.

GV II Monument. Late C18-early C19. Ashlar. Pedestal, sarcophagus with gadrooned edge and swept cover with further gadrooning surmounted by shallow pediment.

Recesses for inscriptions to each side, that to the west side has been lost, that to the south appears to be a later replacement and commemorates Mary Burgan (d 1795), wife of Joseph Thrupp and their son (d 1872). The inscription plaque to the east side commemorates J A Thrupp (d 1844) and his wife Caroline (d 1842).

The plaque to the north side commemorates Mary, wife of Joseph Thrupp (d 1845) and their granddaughter Caroline (d 1845).

Listing NGR: TQ2668481731

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0554 IOE Records taken by Marion Davies; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mrs Marion Davies. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Davies, Marion

Rights Holder: Davies, Marion

Keywords

Ashlar, Georgian Commemorative Monument, Victorian Commemorative

Back
to top