Monument To Chandless Family Approximately 14 Metres South East Of Church Of St Mary

Date:
28 Aug 2000
Location:
Monument To Chandless Family Approximately 14 Metres South East Of Church Of St Mary, Paddington Green W2, Paddington, City Of Westminster, Greater London, W2 1LG
Reference:
IOE01/02576/06
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

TQ 2681 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER PADDINGTON GREEN, W2 41/4 (west side) Monument to Chandless family approximately 14 metres south-east of Church of St Mary.

GV II Monument. Early C19. Ashlar on renewed brick base. Rectangular on plan with recessed angles containing partly fluted Doric columns. Inscription plaques to each face. Cornice and blocking course above. North side inscription commemorates Mary Chandless (d 1807) wife of Thomas Chandless,and the latter (d 1823). West side: Caroline (d 1834), wife of Thomas Chandless, Blanche their daughter (d 1834) and Thomas Chandless (d 1883). South side: William, son of Thomas Chandless (d 1896). East side: Henry Chandless (d 1893).

1179

Listing NGR: TQ2671981734

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0554 IOE Records taken by Marion Davies; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mrs Marion Davies. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Davies, Marion

Rights Holder: Davies, Marion

Keywords

Ashlar, Brick, Georgian Commemorative Monument, Victorian Commemorative

Back
to top