This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ 16SE BOROUGH OF ELMBRIDGE CHURCH.ROAD
6/58 Church of Holy Trinity 25/4/84 II
Church. 1840 by li.E. Kendall with east end of c1860 ; in Norman Revival style.
Grey brick with stone dressings and slate roof. Cruciform plan with 4 bay nave and apsidal chancel, north porch, transepts to north and south and twin towers to the east end. Arched lancet windows in yellow brick, stepped,surrounds with brick dentil eaves band; machiciolated arcading to the transept ends. Eastern towers round, with octagonal tops and crowning weathervane.
Interior: Victorian tiled floors, whitewashed walls, apse arch with roll mouldings.
The eastern capitals of the piers forming the Star of David with tapering piers below to corbel heads. Piers to transepts with scalloped capitals.
Fittings: C19 pews and C20 stone pulpit.
PEVSNER : BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND ,SURREY (1971) :p163.
Listing NGR: TQ1572463514
© Mr Christopher Fransella. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Fransella, Christopher
Rights Holder: Fransella, Christopher
Brick, Slate, Stone, Victorian Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.