The Old Rectory / The Rectory

Date:
11 Jul 2000
Location:
The Old Rectory, Brixworth Road, Holcot, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN6 9SJ
Show all locations
The Rectory, Brixworth Road, Holcot, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN6 9SJ
Reference:
IOE01/02594/15
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

HOLCOT BRIXWORTH ROAD SP76NE 12/51 The Old Rectory 22/12/71 (Formerly listed as The Rectory)

- II

Rectory, now house. Late C18. Squared coursed lias with C20 concrete tile roof.

Double depth plan. 2 storeys with attic. 3-window range of sashes with glazing bars to first floor and C20 French doors to ground floor all under flat arch heads. Central 4-panelled double doors with wooden pillars flanking and plain entablature over. Ashlar gabled parapets and brick and rendered stacks at ends.

Rear and right sides rendered. Right gables have 2 attic casements with leaded lights, half gable has sashes with glazing bars. Interior:late C18 staircase with quarter turn.

Listing NGR: SP7919169812

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1186 IOE Records taken by David Knight; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr David Knight. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Knight, David

Rights Holder: Knight, David

Keywords

Ashlar, Brick, Concrete, Lias, Render, Tile, Georgian Vicarage, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Monument <By Form>