This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SD4761SE THURNHAM STREET 1685-1/8/311 (East side) WRVS Offices
House, now vacant. 1844. Squared coursed sandstone with ashlar dressings, and hipped slate roof. A symmetrical composition of 2 storeys and 3 bays with plinth, chamfered quoins, and 1st floor sill band. The windows are glazing bar sashes in stone architraves. The stone door case has Tuscan pilasters with sunken panels, and a cornice with plain frieze and blocking course. The eaves overhang on paired timber brackets. Chimney to the right. Set back to the left is a wall which contains a door with plain stone surround on the ground floor. Above is a stone carved with a sunken cross and the date '1844'.
Listing NGR: SD4784261398
© Mr Charles Satterly. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Satterly, Charles
Rights Holder: Satterly, Charles
Ashlar, Sandstone, Slate, Victorian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument