This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SD4761NE MOOR LANE 1685-1/7/186 (North side) 22/12/53 Dukes Theatre (Formerly Listed as: MOOR LANE (North side) Church of St Anne)
Parish church, now theatre. 1796. Converted in 1971. Sandstone ashlar with slate roof. South wall, facing Moor Lane, of 5 bays with raised quoins and a plinth and with a doorway to the left and with an upper row of low round-headed windows which originally lit the gallery. The windows have plain reveals and projecting sills and have recent joinery with glazing bars. The 4th bay now contains a doorway. The main doorway has a cornice hood on plain console brackets. The west wall is of 5 bays and has similar windows but is treated more elaborately. The ground-floor windows in the 2nd and 4th bays have cornices on console brackets, and the stonework of the central bay projects forwards slightly and has a triangular pediment above gallery window level. To each side at a higher level is a small window with plain reveals. At the apex of the gable is a small pedimented bellcote with a round-arched opening. To the east and north are C20 extensions.
Listing NGR: SD4794261748
© Mr Charles Satterly. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Satterly, Charles
Rights Holder: Satterly, Charles
Ashlar, Sandstone, Slate, Georgian Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship, Theatre, Recreational, Music Speech And Dance Venue