This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
UPHAM CHURCH STREET SU 52 SW 1/12 Tomb monument 30 metres east of the chancel II
Monument. 1868. Rectangular tomb of Gothic style, with a surrounding blind arcade, of 4 and 2 panels to the long and short sides. Moulded slab above coupled trefoil arches, with granite polished columns (alternately pink and white) with octagonal stone caps and bases, on a moulded base: the intermediate support for the arches is a small trefoil pendant. All but one panel is inscribed, with the name of Long, with dates between 1868 and 1890. The tomb is surrounded by cast-iron rails, of 3 x 2 bays, with alternating plain and more elaborate heads, the larger corner and intermediate main rails having square and twisted sections, with even more elaborate heads.
Listing NGR: SU5383220588
© Mr David Easton. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Easton, David
Rights Holder: Easton, David
Cast Iron, Granite, Stone, Victorian Commemorative Monument, Commemorative, Railings, Monument <By Form>, Barrier