This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SE6052SE GOODRAMGATE 1112-1/14/384 (South East side) 24/06/83 No.7
Shop and offices. Mid C19 with part C19, part C20 shopfront. Orange-cream brick in Flemish bond with timber shopfronts and cornice; brick stacks to slate hipped roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys; 7 bay front, with curved corner bay between 2 bays to Goodramgate, 4 bays to Aldwark. Shopfront to Goodramgate has sunk-panel pilasters with fluted necking, integral blind boxes and dentil cornice: windows are plate glass and altered entrance is glass door in corner bay. Front extended to first bay on Aldwark front: remainder of Aldwark front altered to plate glass shop windows. Upper floor windows are 1- or 8-pane sashes with segmental arches of orange gauged brick with stone stops. Corner windows are curved, first floor one with sunk-panel jambs and moulded segmental pediment on scrolled consoles. Painted stone sill band to first floor windows, sills to second floor windows. Moulded and dentilled eaves cornice. INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SE6055252197
© Mr Martin Roberts. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Roberts, Martin
Rights Holder: Roberts, Martin
Brick, Slate, Georgian Shop, Victorian Commercial, Office, Unassigned, Building