This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
HAILSHAM VICARAGE ROAD 1.
5208 The Old Vicarage (formerly listed as TQ 5909 35/478 Hailsham Grange) 30.8.66 II*
C18 house probably built by the Rev Odiarne Hooper, who was Vicar from 1753-1769.
Two storeys and attic. Five windows. Three dormers. Red brick and grey headers alternately. Pilasters flank the front. Wooden modillion eaves cornice. Parapet. Mansarded slate roof. Glazing bars intact. Brick architraves over ground floor windows and panels of red brick above them. In the centre of first floor is a round-headed rusticated window. Doorway in painted rusticated surround with fluted Ionic pilasters and pediment.
Listing NGR: TQ5921509512
© Mr Michael Nash. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Nash, Michael
Rights Holder: Nash, Michael
Brick, Slate, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Vicarage, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, Grange, Agriculture And Subsistence, Land Use Site, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Religious House
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.