This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TUR LANGTON SP79 SW HIGH STREET (South Side) 7/112 7.12.66 Remains of Chapel at Manor House II Remains of chapel. Late C13. Coursed rubble stone and dressed stone. N doorway with moulded imposts, single chamfered arch and hood mould. Fragment of N wall of nave. This former chapel was largely dismantled when the Church of St. Andrew (qv.) was built in 1866. V.C.H., Vol. V. Scheduled ancient monument.
Listing NGR: SP7084694530
© Mr George Weston. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Weston, George
Rights Holder: Weston, George
Rubble, Stone, Medieval Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship