This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
HARLAXTON SK8932 GRANTHAM ROAD 1315-0/15/176 (South side (off)) 24/09/79 Gatehouse 400 metres north-west of Harlaxton Manor and attached boundary walls (Formerly Listed as: GRANTHAM ROAD (South side (off)) Gatehouse approx 450m north-west of Harlaxton Manor) GV II*
Gatehouse to Harlaxton Manor, now disused, and attached boundary walls. c1832-1838. By Anthony Salvin for Gregory Gregory of Harlaxton Manor. Ashlar, with low pitched roof behind parapet. 2 coped ashlar side wall stacks with triple square flues. Tudor Revival style. Plinth, parapet with moulded coping and corner pedestals with ball finials. 2 storeys plus basement; 3 bays. Windows have stone mullions and transoms and leaded fixed lights.
East front, facing Harlaxton Manor, has a projecting central bay, itself with a square projection. Semicircular oriel window with narrow sidelights, flanked by double pilasters.
Below, a Tudor arched carriage opening. The side bays have a first floor cornice, and an 8-light transomed window on each floor, flanked by single pilasters. Under the arch, moulded panelled double doors and on the north east side, a 2 bay arcade with rusticated arches and central pier, covering a doorway and a triangular oriel window. West front has a corbelled eaves band and a central square oriel window on corbels, with a crest of shields. The right end bay has a square stair tower set at an angle, and topped with a higher round arched bell turret. Below it, a cross mullioned window and a segment arched blocked doorway with cornice. To the left of the tower, a doorway with a carved panel above it, and to right, a buttress. The left side bay has a 10-light window with a cross mullioned window below it, and a stepped buttress to left.
North and south ends have a central external stack flanked by stepped buttresses. Beyond, short coped walls enclosing a small yard. Beyond again, curving boundary walls, coursed squared stone with slab coping, approx 10m long to north and 25m to south.
This building appears within Harlaxton Manor Gardens which are on the Gardens Register at grade II*.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N, Harris J & Antram N: Lincolnshire: London: 1964-1989: 363).
Listing NGR: SK8917332547