Kitchen Garden Walls And Gates, To South West Of Stanley Park

Date:
6 Aug 2002
Location:
Kitchen Garden Walls And Gates, To South West Of Stanley Park, Kings Stanley, Stroud, Gloucestershire
Reference:
IOE01/07455/17
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

The following building shall be added to the list:-

SO 82 03 RING'S STANLEY SELSLEY WEST

14/10000 Kitchen Garden Walls and Gates, to SW of Stanley Park

GV II

Kitchen garden walls. c1860s, for SS Marling who rebuilt and enlarged Stanley Park (qv) between 1850 and 1870. Limestone rubble to external elevations, brick to inner elevations; flat stone copings. Rectangular layout, with the south-east side enclosed by an angled wall and further extended towards the road by another but lower circuit of wall enclosing a small area to the south east. Ornate wrought-iron gates and panels inset with the initials of various members of the Marling family.

A prominent position, with Bodley's Church of All Saints (qv) to west and Stanley Park and its Lodge and Coach House (qv) to east.

Listing NGR: SO8296603792

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/2010 IOE Records taken by Marion Teal; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mrs Marion Teal. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Teal, Marion

Rights Holder: Teal, Marion

Keywords

Brick, Limestone, Rubble, Wrought Iron, Victorian Gate, Unassigned, Garden Wall, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Monument (By Form), Wall, Barrier, Kitchen Garden, Agriculture And Subsistence, Garden, Land Use Site