Brampton Hill Farmhouse, Cart Sheds Approximately 100 Metres South West

Date:
23 May 2002
Location:
Brampton Hill Farmhouse, Cart Sheds Approximately 100 Metres South West, Chapel Brampton, Daventry, Northamptonshire
Reference:
IOE01/07458/16
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SP76NW CHAPEL BRAMPTON

8/99 Brampton Hill Farmhouse, cart sheds approx 100 metres south-west

GV II

Cart sheds. Mid C19. Built by the Spencer family. Squared coursed lias and brick with slate roofs. Central block of 1 unit, 2 storeys has flanking ranges of cart sheds with arched openings. Central door has sash window above, both with flat arch heads. Bullnosed brick jambs to all cart shed openings.

Pyramid roof to centre block. Hipped roof to flanking wings. The Spencers were leading C19 agriculturalists and this building is an example of part of a range of unaltered commercial farm buildings.

Listing NGR: SP7194866675

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1377 IOE Records taken by Michael E Megeary; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Michael E. Megeary. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Megeary, Michael E.

Rights Holder: Megeary, Michael E.

Keywords

Brick, Lias, Slate, Georgian Cart Shed, Victorian Transport, Road Transport Site