This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5111 DARLEY STREET BDl (west side)
Nos 43 and 45 SE 1633 SW 36/455
Includes No 133 Godwin Street. 1875-1876 dated architect T H Healy. Large 4-storey ashlar corner block with Godwin Street. High quality stone masonry with heavy Italianate detail. Bevelled corner. Vermiculated banding to ground and first floors.
Round headed second floor windows with dentil cornice over tripartite groups to end of each front and next to the corner. Large console brackets to moulded eaves cornice. Segmental pediments set against balustraded parapet, above the third floor windows. The ground floor retains massive pediments on boldly carved console brackets over former doorways. Important corner site.
Listing NGR: SE1623233303
© Mr Alan Bradley. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Bradley, Alan
Rights Holder: Bradley, Alan
Ashlar, Victorian Office, Unassigned, Building