- 16 Jul 2002
- Copford Hall, Copford, Colchester, Essex, CO6 1DG
- Copford Hall, Aldercar Road, Copford, Colchester, Essex, CO6 1DG
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
In the entry for
COPFORD ALDERCAR ROAD Copford Hall
the address shall be amended to read Copford Hall
COPFORD ALDERCAR ROAD 1.
5214 TL 92 SW 11/36 23.6.52 Copford Hall II 2.
Circa 1760 re-building of earlier house. Altered in early C19. Red brick with red plain tile hipped roof. Three storeys with parapet walls. Seven window range double hung vertical sliding sashen with glazing bars. Stone string course.
Centre front breaks forward (3 windows) circa 1620 double casement Tuscan entrance porch. Two storeys at rear with 2 full height bays with double hung vertical sliding sashes with glazing bars. Tuscan columned porch. Former house, was a residence of Bishops of London, prior to 1561. The grounds were landscaped by Richard Woods.
Listing NGR: TL9347622741
Copyright IoE Mr John H. Turkentine. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Turkentine, John H.
Rights Holder: Turkentine, John H.
Brick, Tile, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling