This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TL 6624 STEBBING HIGH STREET 10/402 (West Side) 20.2.67 "White Hart" (formerly listed as The White Hart Inn) GV II
Public House. C17 and earlier with later additions and alterations. Timber framed and plastered with a main range, a lower level range to right, and lean- to addition to left. Red plain tiled roof, sprocketed to main range.
4:1 window range to first floor. 3:1 range to ground floor, of 3 light C19 small paned casements to main range and C17 iron casements to right. Central early C19 6 panel door with 2 lights moulded surround and frieze to the right is an early C19 4 panel door with 2 lights, moulded surround and frieze and moulded soffit to flat canopy. Dentilled moulded cornice to eaves. 2 red brick chimney stacks. Recorded as a public house 1756 and 1855.
Listing NGR: TL6611824283
© Mr Stephen Knight. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Knight, Stephen
Rights Holder: Knight, Stephen
Plaster, Tile, Timber, Medieval Public House, Tudor Commercial, Elizabethan Licensed Premises, Stuart Eating And Drinking Establishment, Jacobean Recreational