This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TM 02 SE FRATING CHURCH ROAD
6/30 Old Church House, (formerly, listed as Frating 17/11/66 Parish Church, dedication unknown)
Former parish church, now a house. C12 south wall of Nave, circa 1300 Chancel, North Chapel of possibly C14 origin, C14 South Porch. All with heavy C19 restoration and circa 1981 conversion to a dwelling. C14 West Tower demolished late C20 and full height flint faced buttresses added. Mainly puddingstone and rubble. Limestone dressings. Red plain tiled roofs with pierced ridge tiles, stone parapet verges, stone cross finial to Nave gable. Moulded stone eaves cornice. C20 chimney stack to north west of Chancel. East walls. Chancel, 3 chamfered stone graduated lancet windows, stone quoins. North Chapel, buttress to south angle, C20 glazed door with 3 trefoiled lights over, moulded band and curved triangular light to gable with tracery, stone chimney stack to south.
Chancel south wall C14 2 trefoiled windows under 2 centred arches, former circa 1300 doorway between, now blocked at base to form a 2 centre arched window. C19 triangular head to eastern circa 1300 window, trefoiled of 2 lights with trefoil over. The north wall has 3 C14 lights similar to the 2 southern trefoiled windows and a C20 chamfered brick doorway. Nave south wall is buttressed to east. The eastern segmental headed window of 2 ogee lights with quatrefoil over, western similar but smaller than those in Chancel. To east of the C19 2 centre arched doorway is a C12 round headed light of Roman brick. North Chapel north wall, central buttress, eastern trefoiled ogee 2 light window, label over, there is a similar window to the west wall, western 3 light trefoiled ogee window, label over. The west wall of the Nave is circa 1981 and is glazed with mullions to ground and first floor. C14 south porch, roof C14 of alternate ogee and straight rafters to collars. 2 centre arched doorway, flint wall base and mullions to returns. Graffitti on west cill - William Frostick 1570. Interior.
Much of the original structure is obscured by C19 and C20 alterations, but the rear splay of the C12 Nave window remains, and the 2 bays of the north aisle the east bay with foliate mouldings to bases of arches. Moulded beams to north chapel roof. Moulded shafts to Chancel east windows, some C14 and much C19 stained glass to windows, 2 centred West Tower arch. RCHM 1.
Listing NGR: TM0820622350