Church Of St Mary
- 24 Aug 2002
- Church Of St Mary, Hall Lane, Tharston, South Norfolk, Norfolk
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
5321 THARSTON HALL LANE Church of St Mary TM 19 SE 8/1C 7.12.59
Mainly C14. Comprising nave chancel, west tower and north porch. Perpendicular fenestration, straight-headed in chancel. West tower faced in knapped flint, flushwork panelled battlements, diagonal buttresses on west side, stair turret to belfry, and west doorway with fleurons in the spandrels.
C15 north porch with flushwork panelling.
Some C15 bench ends with poppy-heads and a few with relief carving below.
C15 font with 4 lions against the stem and flowers, and angels and lions against the bowl and with C17 cover. Monument 1623 alabester tablet to Robert Woode with inscription between 2 obelisks with skeleton below. Built of flint with stone dressings and with slate and tiled roof.
Listing NGR: TM1903094274
Copyright IoE Miss Sally A Howes. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Howes, Sally A
Rights Holder: Howes, Sally A
Flint, Slate, Stone, Tile, Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative