This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TM 0734 EAST BERGHOLT BURNT OAK (North Side)
6/3 The Haywain (Formerly listed as Premises 22.2.55 on N side of road 55 yards W of junction with road to East End)
Cottage, now shop and cafe. Probably C17 with C18 and later alterations. Timber- framed, rough rendered. Front cased in brick. Plain tile roof. One storey and attic. Central C20 shop front, with further shop window to left and plank door and casement to window to right. Attic jettied to left. 3 flat dormers. Off-centre ridge stack and later stack to left end. Rear cross range with dentilled eaves.
Former list recorded plasterer's date of 1780 with the initials C and S S. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: TM0775734373
This is part of the Series: IOE\Peachey_Simon IOE Records for Peachey, Simon; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Simon Peachey. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Peachey, Simon
Rights Holder: Peachey, Simon
Brick, Render, Tile, Timber, Tudor Timber Framed House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Stuart Timber Framed Building, Jacobean House, Domestic, Dwelling, Shop, Commercial, Cafe, Eating And Drinking Establishment