This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
GODALMING BRIGHTON ROAD SU 9742 (south west side, off), Busbridge 16/40 McLaren headboard, approx 6 metres to south-east of south-east corner of Church of St John GV II
Headboard. c.1917. Wooden. Five boards wooden-pegged together, the top board having relief-carved Royal Flying Corps Coat of Arms with laurel wreath enclos- ing initials RFC (Royal Flying Corps), surmounted by royal crown on cushion and flanked by eagle's wings. West side of board inscribed with verses 9-10 of Psalm 139; each side has commemorative inscription to Francis Walter Stafford McLaren, M.P., 2nd Lieutenant Flying Corps, d.1917 at Montrose; at base, Royal Flying Corps motto, 'Per ardua ad astra'.
Listing NGR: SU9786442897