This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST2024 BISHOP'S HULL CP BISHOP'S HULL ROAD (West side)
13/14 United Reformed Church and adjoining Hall to North (formerly listed as Congregational Chapel) 25.2.55
Congregational chapel and schoolroom, now United Reform Church and hall. Late Cl8, reroofed 1874, gallery added 1883 and hall enlarged. Gable end onto road, flanked by single storey porches North and South, adjoining schoolroom set back at South West corner. Rendered over rubble, slate roof, gable end onto road,coped verges, string course forming pediment cut by apex of East window, quoins, rusticated base with upper course swept up to base of East window, 4-light ogee headed with trefoil cusping and rusticated surround, 2 bay returns, entrance through flat- roofed, single storey porches with panelled double doors and sidelights; South porch possibly earlier with ogee headed side- light while North has pointed arch. 2 storey, 5 bay hall adjoining with C20 fenestration. Interior: late C19 fittings, cast iron columns carry East end gallery with wrought iron hand rail and wooden panels. Collection of late C18 and early C19 wooden tablets painted black and white to resemble marble and slate, the material of which the mid - late C19 tablets are composed. The body of the church may date from as early as 1718. (SANHS Proceedings, Vol 58, 1912; Photograph in NMR),
Listing NGR: ST2031924611