This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ARDLEIGH PARK ROAD TM 02 NE
6/43 Ardleigh Park
House. C18 of possibly earlier origin with later alterations and additions.
Gault brick faced circa 1830. Hipped grey slate roof. Right and left rear chimney stacks. 3 storeys. Of 5 bays, the central bay breaks forward with open moulded pediment above eaves level. Painted bands below first and second floor windows. Vertically sliding sash windows with gauged brick arches to each bay excepting the second floor of the central bay which has 2 similar windows.
Central portico with moulded capitals to columns and pilasters which support the heavy frieze and cornice. Double doors with upper vertical lights, fanlight over. The home of Rev. Marshall Lugar, farmer and sometime curate of Thorrington and Arlesford. The House was also known as New House and New Park.
F.H. Erith "Ardleigh in 1796", 1978.
Listing NGR: TM0553527418
This is part of the Series: IOE\Cuffy_Kelvin IOE Records for Cuffy, Kelvin; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Kelvin Cuffy. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cuffy, Kelvin
Rights Holder: Cuffy, Kelvin
Brick, Slate, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling