Dundas Place / Chapel Cottage
- 8 Jun 2002
- Dundas Place, The Street, Ardleigh, Tendring, Essex, CO7 7NP
- Chapel Cottage, The Street, Ardleigh, Tendring, Essex, CO7 7NP
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ARDLEIGH THE STREET TM 02 NE (east side)
6/62 Dundas Place, (formerly known as Chapel Cottage)
House. C17/C18 or earlier with later alterations and additions. Timber framed and rough rendered. Red plain tiled roofs. Off centre right and rear crosswing chimney stacks. One storey and attics. Gabled crosswing to right. 2 flat headed dormers to left range. Three 2 light casements to gable. 2:1 ground floor vari-light casements. Door to rear. Occupied by William Merchant, thatcher, 1796. F.H. Erith, "Ardleigh in 1796", 1978.
Listing NGR: TM0529429461
Copyright IoE Mr Kelvin Cuffy. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Cuffy, Kelvin
Rights Holder: Cuffy, Kelvin
Render, Tile, Timber, Medieval Timber Framed House, Tudor Monument <By Form>, Elizabethan Timber Framed Building, Stuart House, Jacobean Domestic, Georgian Dwelling