This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TG 14 SW UPPER SHERINGHAM THE GREEN
4/121 The Conduit, c.30m 20.2.52 south-west of Church of All Saints
Conduit, dated 1814, built at expense of Abbot Upcher. Pebble flint with gault brick dressings. Circular cistern c.4m across, walls c,lm high of pebble flint panels articulated by vertical bands and pilaster strips of brick; coping of stone and brick. To the north the wall raised on the curve to broken stone pediment having dentil cornice. Semi-circular arch below with stone imposts and projecting keystone; two flanking brick pilasters.
Stone beneath pediment inscribed ANNO PACIS / MDCCCXIV. Broken pediment, dentil cornice, keystone and stone imposts to rear. Rendered brick trough to front with cast iron flat capping to front over wall of black glazed brick.
Interior: circular slope from enclosing wall to central tank of black glazed brick.
Listing NGR: TG1437541885
This is part of the Series: IOE\Ayers_Geoff W. IOE Records for Ayers, Geoff W.; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Geoff W. Ayers. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Ayers, Geoff W.
Rights Holder: Ayers, Geoff W.
Brick, Cast Iron, Flint, Pebble, Render, Georgian Conduit, Water Supply And Drainage, Watercourse