Thomas Smith Monument About 24 Yards South Of The Junction Of The Nave And Tower Of The Church Of St Bartholomew

Date:
3 Jun 2002
Location:
Thomas Smith Monument About 24 Yards South Of The Junction Of The Nave And Tower Of The Church Of St Bartholomew, Much Marcle, Herefordshire
Reference:
IOE01/07580/01
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
To ask us about this record, please make an enquiry.
Request a copy

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

MUCH MARCLE CP MUCH MARCLE SO 63 SE

8/104 Thomas Smith monument about 24 yards south of the junction of the nave and tower of the Church of St Bartholomew

GV II

Chest tomb for Thomas Smith, died 1814. Finely cut sandstone ashlar.

Moulded capping with double hips advanced over side inscription panels (base similarly advanced). Raised side inscription panels with inverted tapering sides flanked by drapes; quadrant corners to incised end panels.

Listing NGR: SO6571432719

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Stanger-Leathes_A IOE Records for Stanger-Leathes, Angela; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Angela Stanger-Leathes. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Stanger-Leathes, Angela

Rights Holder: Stanger-Leathes, Angela

Keywords

Sandstone, Chest Tomb, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site