Stables And Gighouse Immediately North West Of Methodist Chapel
- Stables And Gighouse Immediately North West Of Methodist Chapel, South Petherwin, North Cornwall, Cornwall, PL15 7LQ
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SOUTH PETHERWIN SOUTH PETHERWIN Stables and gighouse SX38SW immediately north 2/44 west of Methodist Chapel II GV Stables and gighouse to Methodist Chapel (qv). Circa 1876 (date of Chapel). Coursed slate rubble. Hipped slate roof. Axial stack with short red brick shaft. Small rectangular plan building. Single storey. Plank door on right with small unglazed window either side, all with granite lintels. Open fronted gighouse to left with later corrugated-iron canopy in front supported on yard wall. To left of yard wall a doorway and window onto grave-yard. Opposite stables on east side of yard a small outbuilding used as lavatories.
Interior: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SX3065981785
Copyright IoE Mr W. Wesley Colwill. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Colwill, W. Wesley
Rights Holder: Colwill, W. Wesley
Iron, Rubble, Slate, Victorian Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Coach House, Road Transport Site, Toilet, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Disposal Site