This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TL 99 NE ROCKLANDS -- '~'~
4/57 Church of All Saints 16/7/58 (Formerly listed as Church - of All Saints and St Andrew) 1
Parish church. Various dates Cll-cl5, restored 1860. Flint with ashlar quoins and slate roofs. West tower, nave, chancel. Tower late C13 in 3 stages, stair turret to south through first stage. West door double chamfered and blocked. Single trefoil and cinquefoil lights to second stage under square hood moulds and 2-light cusped belfry windows supporting quatrefoil of early C14. Nave with long and short quoins to each corner and some flintwork in herringbone courses, probably all late C11. No buttresses. C13 gabled porch with knapped flint and parapet. Narrow chamfered door and arch under hood with labels. Cinquefoil niche above with ovolo hood. One cinquefoil lancet to west of porch under hollow hood on beak stops, one 3=light Cl5 window to east with flat top. Chancel south : 2-light cusped window supporting-encircled petal with hood 1860; plain arched priest's door; 2-light window as nave; reset early C14 punched quatrefoil. 3-light east window under hood. Interior Tall tower arch. 12 C15 poppy heads on C19 bench ends. Bowl of square Norman font. Anglo-Saxon tomb slab with 2 Alisee patee crosses connected by staff with 4 interlace incised panels between. Octagonal font 1880 with carved panels. Roofs panelled 1860.
Listing NGR: TL9944096016
This is part of the Series: IOE\Wickham_David R. IOE Records for Wickham, David R.; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr David R. Wickham. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Wickham, David R.
Rights Holder: Wickham, David R.
Ashlar, Flint, Slate, Early Medieval Parish Church, Medieval Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tudor Church, Place Of Worship