- 1 Sep 2002
- The Rectory, New Lane, Huntingdon, York, North Yorkshire
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SE 65 NW HUNTIN NEW LANE (east side)
2/15 The Rectory
II House. 1903. By W Brierley. Brick in Flemish bond, Westmorland slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 first-floor windows to entrance front. 6-fielded-panel door flanked by fixed windows all beneath canopy supported on elaborate scrolled consoles. Low fixed window and tall 2-light transomed staircase window to left. Casements to first floor. Dentilled eaves course. Stacks rising through pitch of roof to left and ridge stack to right, all with round-headed side panels and cogged bands. Garden front: central 2-storey section of 2 canted bays separated by a central window breaks forward, and breaks roof line. Segmental-arched sashes with glazing bars throughout except for a half-glazed door with casement above to right. Central flat dormer. Interior: fanlight with decorative glazing bars over inner hall door. Original open-string staircase with turned balusters and ramped handrail.
Listing NGR: SE6183555781
Copyright IoE Mr David Robson. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Robson, David
Rights Holder: Robson, David
Brick, Lake District Slate, Victorian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling