This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TF 92 SE NORTH ELMHAM HOLT ROAD (west side)
4/35 The Lodge
Lodge to Elmham House. Circa 1830. Probably designed by W.J. Donthorn Brick with gault brick and stone dressings. Plaintile roof. T plan with stem of T to drive side. Single storey. 3 bays with doorway to cross wing facade. Other sides each of single bay defined by twin gault brick pilasters at angles. Original mullion and transom windows with moulded stone hood moulds springing from stringcourse of same section. Boarded door to drive side gable-end. Very wide eaves with plain square-sectioned brackets. 3 gables, one roughcast, Sonde family arms to drive side with motto "Esto quod esse videris" and family crest to road side. Central chimney stack with 4 tall octagonal shafts.
Listing NGR: TF9874621468
© Mr Cyril Bush. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Bush, Cyril
Rights Holder: Bush, Cyril
Brick, Stone, Tile, Georgian Lodge, Victorian Domestic
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.