This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LAXTON MAIN STREET SK 76 NW (north side) 4/46 Lilac Farmhouse 25.7.80 G.V. II
Farmhouse. 1748. Brick with plain tile roof. First floor band, rebated eaves, eaves band. 2 gable stacks. 2 storeys plus garrets, 3 bays. L-plan. Ground floor and all front openings have segmental heads. Front windows are C20 casements. South front has central door flanked by single casements. Above, smaller central casement flanked by single casements. West gable has, above, Yorkshire sash to garret and date 1748. Rear wing has to west, C20 casement and door and above, a Yorkshire sash.
Adjoining C19 stable, brick with pantile roof, single storey, single bay, has to west, entry, and to south a stable door.
Listing NGR: SK7196667091
© Mr Roger H Mockford. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Mockford, Roger H
Rights Holder: Mockford, Roger H
Brick, Pantile, Tile, Georgian Farmhouse, Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Stable, Animal Shed, Transport