This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SO 74 NW MATHON RURAL CP -
1/116 The Old School House
School and schoolhouse, now dwelling, dated 1861. Brick, stone dressings, tiled roof, half-hipped to schoolhouse, with shingled flche roughly at intersection. 'L' plan, 2 bays and cross-wing. Former school: 2 bays, 3 light mullioned windows now reduced for floor insertion and upper parts filled with boarding, prominent central chimney with weathered sides and quatrefoiled date-stone, catslide entrance to right in angle with school- house; 2 inserted C20 Velux roof-lights flanking chimney, Decorated style west window. Former schoolhouse: 2 storeys, gable-end has one range of windows, 2-light trefoil-headed on first floor and 3-light on ground floor.
Return tp east domestic with central entrance. This building was included before the conversion.
Listing NGR: SO7340145851
© Mr John Drummond. Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Drummond, John
Rights Holder: Drummond, John
Brick, Stone, Tile, Victorian School, Education, School House, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling