This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BRANSDALE HODGE BECK SE 69 SW (east side) 3/26 Outbuildings approximately 20 metres south-east of Miller's House GV II
Smithy and cart-shed; now wash-house. Smithy dated 1818 on lintel; cart- shed added 1827 on datestone. For William Strickland. Herringbone-tooled sandstone with pantile roof. Single-storey, 4-bay front. Wide flat arch to right of centre with long timber lintel. 2-light, large-pane horizontal sliding sash to right and C20 stable door to left, both in quoined openings.
At end left, elliptical cart arch of tooled, shaped voussoirs on tooled imposts. Datestone to centre inscribed: WS . Left gable wall: owl hole 1827 in surround of voussoirs carved from 2 half-arcs of stone. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SE6208697899
This is part of the Series: IOE\Waby_Les IOE Records for Waby, Les; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Les Waby. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Waby, Les
Rights Holder: Waby, Les
Pantile, Sandstone, Stone, Georgian Blacksmiths Workshop, Industrial, Metal Workers Workshop, Craft Industry Site, Workshop, Industrial Building, Cart Shed, Transport, Road Transport Site, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, Wash House, Domestic, Health And Welfare