This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BRANSDALE HODGE BECK SE 69 NE (west side) 3/29 Outbuildings approximately 30 metres south of Bransdale Mill GV II Cart-shed, stable and byres with lofts over. Late C18, extended 1817. For William Strickland. Tooled sandstone to original build, with squared sandstone to rear; extension of herringbone-tooled sandstone. Pantile roof.
Single-storey, 4-bay range to right, with 1-storey extension to left.
Doorways to stable and byres have timber lintels. Square shuttered pitching holes to left have roughly herringbone-tooled lintels. Left gable wall: flat cart arch with heavy timber lintels. Lifting door over. Kneeler inscribed: WS Miller 1817 Right gable wall: datestone inscribed: WS (Date indecipherable) Building in delapidated condition at time of resurvey. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SE6204897893
This is part of the Series: IOE\Waby_Les IOE Records for Waby, Les; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Les Waby. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Waby, Les
Rights Holder: Waby, Les
Pantile, Sandstone, Timber, Georgian Cow House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Cart Shed, Transport, Road Transport Site, Stable, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument