This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
WOTTON C.P. RANMORE COMMON ROAD TQ 15SW
1/130 The School House and 13/3/73 St Barnabas Old School
Former school now houses. 1859 by Sir G. G. Scott. Flint rubble with ashlar dressings, chequerwork patterning in gables over windows, slate roofs with stone stacks and bellcote to gable end. Gothic style with central hall range flanked by gabled end ranges, the larger one to left. Single storey hall range two storeys to ends with paired stacks on gableted cross ridge plinth to end of hall, at junction with left hand wing. Three full-height gabled windows with stone mullions and transomes to hall, piers between fronted by offset buttresses.
One 5-light mullioned and transomed window in right hand gable, small arched 2- light window between in linking bay. Hip-roofed angle bay window to ground floor left with two-light, stone-mullioned window above. Stone angle quoins and banding in gable. Small door in link to left of centre under chequerwork patterned head.
Main door to right in hall with gabled porch, double half-glazed doors and 4- centred, hood-moulded head.
PEVSNER: Buildings of England, Surrey (1971) p. 421.
Listing NGR: TQ1461750491
This is part of the Series: IOE\Morley_Don IOE Records for Morley, Don; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Don Morley. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Morley, Don
Rights Holder: Morley, Don
Flint, Rubble, Slate, Victorian School, Education, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling