This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1781 THE BUTTS (South West Side)
Stone Wall to the Deanery Garden SP 2865 SW 3/256
The Deanery Garden is the original site of the King's Grammar School.
The garden walls adjoining and to left hand side of the Deanery are of mediaeval masonry with one weathered buttress and Gothic arched doorway.
County Library Headquarters, Nos 2 to 14 (even), The Old Deanery and The Glebe House, and the Stone Wall to the Deanery Garden, all form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2827565042
This is part of the Series: IOE\Schulenburg_Helmut IOE Records for Schulenburg, Helmut; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Schulenburg, Helmut
Rights Holder: Schulenburg, Helmut
Stone, Medieval Garden Wall, Tudor Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Wall, Barrier, Gate, Unassigned, Deanery, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Garden, Agriculture And Subsistence, Land Use Site, Grammar School, Education, Secondary School, School