This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
NU 1241 HOLY ISLAND
12/19 Sutton(?) memorial c.25 yards south-west of Church of St. Mary GV II
Churchyard memorial. 1740, possibly to Edward Sutton. Sandstone with marble tablet and iron railings. Large aedicule of 2 pairs of Tuscan columns, moulded cornice and ogival-domed roof with urn finial. Worn Latin inscription. Iron railings. The standards have enriched-cross heads, the principals have urn finials.
Listing NGR: NU1254441749
This is part of the Series: IOE\Robinson_Kenneth IOE Records for Robinson, Kenneth; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Kenneth Robinson. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Robinson, Kenneth
Rights Holder: Robinson, Kenneth
Iron, Marble, Sandstone, Georgian Commemorative Monument, Commemorative