The Old Plough / 1 The Green
- 21 Mar 2003
- The Old Plough, The Green, Caldecott, Rutland, LE16 8RR
- 1 The Green, Caldecott, Rutland, LE16 8RR
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CALDECOTT THE GREEN SP 8693-8793 11/13 10.11.55 No 1. (formerly listed as The Old Plough) GV II
House and post office. Dated RCE 1684 on plaque in left gable. Later extensions to right, for shop, and to rear. Coursed ironstone rubble with pale limestone window dressings. Collyweston slate roof; coped gables with ogee half-pendants; flanking chimneys, left ashlar with moulded cornice, right C20 brick. 2 storeys and attic, 2 original bays. Chamfered plinth. Front has C20 3-light hardwood casements in pale limestone surrounds with traces of ovolo mouldings. Blank flush plaque to centre. Left gable retains original windows with ovolo-moulded mullions and cyma recta cornices, the first floor window of 3 lights, attic window of 2 lights, each with one light blocked. Single light with ovolo-moulded surround to ground floor. Right gable has altered 2-light window with C17 surround and cornice, and lower C19 extension of one bay, now containing shop.
C20 extensions to rear incorporate former outbuildings.
Listing NGR: SP8679693560
Copyright IoE Mr Keith Wise. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Wise, Keith
Rights Holder: Wise, Keith
Ironstone, Limestone, Lincolnshire Limestone, Rubble, Stuart Oubliette, Unassigned, Building, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument, Shop, Commercial, Post Office, Communications, Postal System Structure