This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. 5190 CHURCH STREET (East Side)
Congregational Church (formerly listed as Congregational Chapel) SY 9287 1/109 7.5.52.
Founded 1670, but largely rebuilt after fire of 1762. Added to in 1860 and 1895.
Stucco. Hipped tile roof. Stone slates above eaves. Triple pile plan. 2 storeys.
3 segment-headed windows with glazing bars on 1st floor. 1-storey yellow brick extension (1895) across front, with slate pent roof, pedimented central feature in moulded brick, 4 segment-headed windows and 2 planked doors. 1-storey yellow
Listing NGR: SY9248487361
This is part of the Series: IOE\Western_Clare IOE Records for Western, Clare; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mrs Clare Western. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Western, Clare
Rights Holder: Western, Clare
Brick, Slate, Stone, Stucco, Tile, Stuart Congregational Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship