Pair Of Eyre Monuments In The Churchyard, About 14 Metres East Of The Vestry

Date:
24 Jun 2002
Location:
Pair Of Eyre Monuments In The Churchyard, About 14 Metres East Of The Vestry, Common Road, Whiteparish, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP5 2SX
Reference:
IOE01/07674/04
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
To ask us about this record, please make an enquiry.
Request a copy

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

WHITEPARISH COMMON ROAD SU 22 SW (east side) 7/288 Pair of Eyre monuments in the churchyard, about 14 metres east c the vestry GV II

Pair of chest tombs. Mid C18. Limestone. Plain tombs with 20cm thick chamfered flat tops with good lettering. North of pair to Giles Eyre M.P., died 1750, south of pair unidentified, but a child's tomb. Headstones with shaped tops attached to both ends of both tombs.

Listing NGR: SU2463923215

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Penwarden_Margaret IOE Records for Penwarden, Margaret; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Ms Margaret Penwarden. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Penwarden, Margaret

Rights Holder: Penwarden, Margaret

Keywords

Limestone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site