- 28 Aug 2002
- Rectory House, 2 Fore Street, Evershot, West Dorset, Dorset, DT2 0JW
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EVERSHOT FORE STREET ST 5704 (North side) No. 2 (Rectory 7/12 House) 11.11.66 II GV Former Rectory, now private dwelling. Dated 1866, in cusped lozenge panel.
Dressed stone walls and ashlar stone quoins, with chamfered stone plinth. Slate roof, with gable ends. Brick stack in behind ridge at left hand. 1 1/2 storeys.
3 windows, ovolo-moulded stone mullions with labels over ground floor and centre first floor. Metal casements with rectangular leaded lights. Wide central bay projects forward and is gabled. Four 3-light windows to ground floor. First floor of 2, 3, and 2-lights, outer windows being gabled half-dormers. Front door at centre, 6-panelled and with integral fanlight, C20. Two rear wings, C19, with C20 infill in between.
Listing NGR: ST5748604555
Copyright IoE Mr Nick P. Cooper. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Cooper, Nick P.
Rights Holder: Cooper, Nick P.
Ashlar, Slate, Stone, Georgian Vicarage, Victorian Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument, Monument <By Form>