This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SJ 80 NW TONG C.P. OFFOXEY ROAD, Bishop's Wood (North side).
7/3 Pig Sty approximately 25 - metres to North-West of Acorn Cottage.
Pig Sty. Circa 1818. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings. Neo-Egyptian style; square base with pyramid above. Coped base with low entrance to East, pyramid with tall rectangular openings, dressed stone pyramidal finial resting on short corner piers. Stone plaque to East inscribed: "TO PLEASE THE PIGS". This is one of a series of eccentric Gothic out- buildings erected on the Tong Estate by George Durant the younger (d.1844).
Acorn Cottage to South (not listed) is dated 1818. (qv. Cow House to North of Acorn Cottage, fowl house to West of Vauxhall Farmhouse, kennels to East of the Red House, etc.). G. Griffith, History of Tong and Boscobel, 1894, pp. 154-61; D. H, Robinson, The Wandering Worfe, Waine Research Publications, p. 60.
Listing NGR: SJ8355709278