Stable And Granary About 10 Metres North West Of Boscobel House
- 22 Aug 2002
- Stable And Granary About 10 Metres North West Of Boscobel House, Boscobel, Bridgnorth, Shropshire
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SJ 80 NW BOSCOBEL C.P. -
3/85 Stable and granary about 10m north-west - of Boscobel House
Stable and granary. Early to mid C19. Red brick with plain tiled roof.
Main block of 2 storeys; entrance to granary up lateral external steps to east gable end, 4 lunette openings in 2 gables to north west side.
One storey projection to north with 2 doors (one blocked) and single window.
The stable was probably built by Walter Evans shortly after he acquired Boscobel House (q.v.) in 1811. Scheduled Ancient Monument, included only for Group Value with the house. J.J. West, Boscobel House, D.O.E. Guide Book (1981).
Listing NGR: SJ8373308256
Copyright IoE Mrs Val Johns. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Johns, Val
Rights Holder: Johns, Val
Brick, Tile, Georgian Granary, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Food And Drink Processing Site, Agricultural Building, Stable, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Transport