This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
GOUDHURST CHURCH ROAD TQ 7237-7337 (north side) 15/113 Mill House and Little Mill House GV II House, now house pair, C17 or earlier, altered early C19 and c.1900. Timber framed and clad with red brick and ornamental tile hanging on first floor with plain tiled roof. Lobby entry plan. Two storeys and attic with roof half-hipped to right and gabled to left with stacks to centre right and at end left. Central barge-boarded gabled dormer, and large gabled projection to centre left, smaller gable to centre right, both with moulded barge-boards, with attic window to left, and hipped 2 storey bay at right. Wooden casement on first floor to centre right gable, otherwise 3 metal 4 and 5-light casements on first floor and 2 on ground floor, all with Gothick arched leaded glazing bars, with half-glazed door to centre right gabled projection, and boarded door in hipped porch on left return.
Parallel range to rear right, also tile hung over red brick ground floor. A smock and stage mill stood in the grounds to the north from c.1819 to c.1890, a cellar reportedly still surviving on site, the then owner, Mr Haskett-Smith altering the mill cottages to single house now returned to 2 houses.
Listing NGR: TQ7250437894
This is part of the Series: IOE\Farrow_Geoffrey IOE Records for Farrow, Geoffrey; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Geoffrey Farrow. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Farrow, Geoffrey
Rights Holder: Farrow, Geoffrey
Brick, Tile, Timber, Medieval Timber Framed House, Tudor Monument <By Form>, Elizabethan Timber Framed Building, Stuart House, Jacobean Domestic, Dwelling, Mill House, Industrial House, Industrial, Smock Mill, Windmill, Wind Power Site, Power Generation Site