This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
GOUDHURST CHURCH ROAD TQ 73 NW (east side) Kilndown 5/132 Lychgate and walls about 25 metres west of Christ Church GV II Lychgate and walls, 1860, probably by William Slater, architect. Sandstone with stone slate roof. Lychgate on weathered and moulded plinth, a small building rather than a mere gateway. One storey, gabled with central cross-finial and incised cross in gable, with arched and double chamfered entrance, the inner order on attached shafts. Two shouldered window openings to each side. Simple spear headed railed gates to western roadside entrance, cast and wrought gates to eastern entrance, with scrolled plant forms with leaf-terminals. Interior: side benches with marble/granite colonettes to window surrounds, and vaulted roof with diaphragm arch on columns. Stone walls extending along roadside either side of lychgate, about 5 feet high, extending some 25 yards to south and 40 yards to north to the adjacent school (item 5/132).
Listing NGR: TQ7005235227
This is part of the Series: IOE\Farrow_Geoffrey IOE Records for Farrow, Geoffrey; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
Copyright IoE Mr Geoffrey Farrow. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Farrow, Geoffrey
Rights Holder: Farrow, Geoffrey
Cast Iron, Sandstone, Stone, Wrought Iron, Victorian Lych Gate, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Wall, Monument <By Form>, Barrier, Gate, Unassigned