This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
CRANWORTH TF 90 SE 9/9 Old Rectory (formerly 4.12.51 listed as Cranworth Rectory) - II Former rectory. Circa 1840 incorporating an earlier building. Limewashed brick and black pantile roof. Irregular plan. 2 storeys. Entrance facade of 5 bays with end bays slightly taller. Sash windows with glazing bars beneath skewback arches. One tripartite sash window to south echoed by a former tripartite window to north, now converted into French windows. Off- centre 2-leaf part-glazed front door with an open porch on a pair of unfluted Doric columns. Wide eaves to all sides of house with renewed shaped and paired brackets. South facade. Large 2-storeyed canted bay with 6 sash windows with glazing bars beneath skewback arches. Single storeyed rectangular projection with front slightly segmental in plan. 3 blind windows with skewback arches, moulded cornice and a loop balustrade. North facade of 5 bays of sash windows with glazing bars (2 blind) with an oculus and smaller sash window to western end. Lead downpipes with moulded hoppers and many prominent chimney stacks. Services around a courtyard to rear.
Interior. Dining room screen with a pair of Ionic columns. Some fine Greek derived plaster cornices. Plaster vaulted rooms to first floor - mainly 3-centred barrels with a particularly notable integration of the canted bay to the south. Swept main staircase with twisted balusters and rope-twist handrail. Surviving glebe terrier with drawings.
Listing NGR: TF9840704527
© Mr Peter C. Bewes. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Bewes, Peter C.
Rights Holder: Bewes, Peter C.
Brick, Pantile, Victorian Vicarage, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Courtyard, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Building, Unassigned