Church Of St Mary
- 11 Mar 2003
- Church Of St Mary, Bildeston Road, Little Finborough, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14 2LD
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LITTLE FINBOROUGH BILDESTON ROAD TM 05 SW
5/129 Church of St. Mary 9.12.55
Parish church, medieval with alterations of 1856. Nave and chancel, with C19/C2O vestry on north side. Flint rubble with freestone dressings; south side of nave and part of north is rendered, some remodelling in C16 brick on north side. Concrete plaintiled roofs; a C19 bellcote at the west gable of flint rubble and ashlar in the Decorated style. A mid C14 two-light window at south west corner, and two others renewed in C19. The east window also of C14 with intersecting tracery, restored C19. Two early C16 south chancel windows with square heads. South doorway of C14 with segmental-pointed head; the shafted jambs perhaps of earlier origin. C17 butt-purlin roof to nave. Over the rood beam is a coat of arms dated 1767. A thorough restoration including interior refurbishing took place 1856.
Listing NGR: TM0185854963
Copyright IoE Miss Tracy Leah. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Leah, Tracy
Rights Holder: Leah, Tracy
Ashlar, Brick, Concrete, Flint, Render, Rubble, Stone, Tile, Medieval Parish Church, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary, Elizabethan Church, Place Of Worship, Coat Of Arms, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument