Tower Mill 20 Metrs South West Of Mill House

Date:
15 Mar 2003
Location:
Tower Mill 20 Metrs South West Of Mill House, Buxhall, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14 3DW
Reference:
IOE01/07745/24
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
To ask us about this record, please make an enquiry.
Request a copy

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

BUXHALL MILL GREEN TL 95 NE

1/33 Tower Mill, 20m south- - west of Mill House

GV II

Tower mill, 1860. Stones replaced by power-driven machinery c.1940; in use until c.1971. Large seven-storey tower of tarred red brick. Patent sails were removed 1929; there were four, fitted with Catchpole's 'Air Brakes'.

There were four pairs of stones, and a fifth smaller. The domed cap and fantail are removed, but the cap frame survives.

Listing NGR: TL9959457694

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Leah_Tracy IOE Records for Leah, Tracy; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Miss Tracy Leah. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Leah, Tracy

Rights Holder: Leah, Tracy

Keywords

Brick, Tar, Victorian Flour Mill, Industrial, Mill, Industrial Building, Food Processing Site, Food And Drink Industry Site, Tower Mill, Monument <By Form>, Windmill, Wind Power Site, Power Generation Site, Machinery