The Old Rectory
- 15 Mar 2003
- The Old Rectory, Shelland Green, Shelland, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14 3JF
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SHELLAND SHELLAND GREEN TM 06 SW
4/168 The Old Rectory -
House, once rectory. Circa 1550-1580. 2-cell lobby entrance plan. 2 storeys. Timber-framed and plastered. Plaintiled roof with axial chimney; 4 attached square shafts of red brick, probably a C20 rebuilding of the C17 stack. C19/C20 small-pane casements. C20 gabled plaintiled entrance porch with panelled door. A large and well-built example of the 2-cell form of house with heavy unmoulded framing: tension braced close-studding, unchamfered large floor joists laid flat, binding beams with a broad chamfer, 2-tier side- purlin roof, back-to-back open fireplaces. A 2 storey flat-roofed rear extension of C20 painted brick.
Listing NGR: TM0041360318
Copyright IoE Miss Tracy Leah. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Leah, Tracy
Rights Holder: Leah, Tracy
Brick, Plaster, Tile, Timber, Medieval Timber Framed House, Tudor Monument <By Form>, Elizabethan Timber Framed Building, House, Domestic, Dwelling, Vicarage, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling